Lisa Smedman is an accomplished writer and game designer, with 23 science fiction and fantasy books published to date. She has designed numerous adventures for the Dungeons & Dragons game, and written novels set in the Forgotten Realms. A journalist for more than 20 years, she currently teaches game design at LaSalle College Vancouver. Her real-time bidding card game, “Merchants of the Sands,” is due for publication soon by Rather Dashing Games. She is one of the founding members of The Papercut Arcade.
The Papercut Arcade Projects:
- Sutra SonnetsTwitch Game by Lisa Smedman, Post-Human Romantics, February 2021
- Haven’t Got a ClueA game jam & event by curator Lisa Smedman. July 3rd, 2021.
- Quest for HomeCreator: Lisa SmedmanExhibition: CYOW 3: ApocalypsePublished: May 2020Format: Tabletop Card Game / Twine Survival GameAccess: YouTube, itch.io, or Monkey Mind GamesContent Warning: Deals with death and illness. I wanted to do something really different with the theme Apocalypse, and so decided to set my game at the dawn of the last ice age, approximately 30,000 […]
- JabbleScramRewrite/remix the rules and format of a beloved letter-tile board game! Dates: Salon – Saturday, July 4, 7 – 9 P.M. • Jam – Friday, June 5th – Tuesday, June 30th, 2020•Workshops – Saturday, June 6th, Monday, June 22 & Monday, June 29th (see below for more information)! Salon Location: Skype Showcase with Lisa, join […]
- Pop Goes the…Sculpture, Inedible Cakes, February 2020