Pronouns: he, him, his. Vegan. Likes gaming (tabletop and computer), cooking, music, and most other creative things.
I’m a multidisciplinary artist living in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Writing, music, roleplaying, and cooking are the art forms in which I am most comfortable, but I love the exhilaration of leaving that comfort zone. I’m a big fan of DIY and “jamming econo”. I want to see my friends’ art more than whatever the current run of celebrities is serving up. I think the real parasites are billionaires, not the unemployed, and my art will often point a critical finger at wealth disparity. Just as often, though, my art will be a whimsical trip down an inspirational rabbit hole with no conscious agenda.
The Papercut Arcade Projects:
- Monster of the MonthCreator: Jon DawesExhibition: It’s a DatePublished: February 2022Format: Rules pdfContent Advisories: None Description of the Work Rules, in PDF format, for an adventure board game for one or more players. Any paper calendar can be used as the game board and the players must also supply their own counters, meeples, and six-sided dice to play. […]
- Grabble RoadCreator: Jon DawesExhibition: JabblescramPublished: July 2020Format: Rules pdfContent Advisories: None Description of the Work Replacement rules for the Scrabble board game. Use the letter tiles to build a road on the game board and spell words along the way. Score points for your words and try to get more than your opponents. Artist’s Statement My […]
- Campus Life Undergrads on EcstacyCreator: Jon DawesExhibition: Haven’t Got a Clue Game RemixPublished: July 2021Format: Tabletop Simulator workshop, Rules pdfContent Advisories: Refers to drug use and sex Description of the Work Replacement rules for the Clue board game. You are at a party at Mr. Boddy’s old mansion, hoping to hook up with someone sexy who shares your aesthetic […]
- Banana BlackoutTwine Choose Your Own Cookbook, CYOW 4: Blackout, May 2021
- Death On Two LegsCreator: Jon DawesExhibition: CYOW 3: ApocalypsePublished: May 2020Format: Twine (Harlowe 3.1.0)Access: itch.io Content Warning: Violence, Despair “Never trust anything on two legs.” Jenny Description of the Work Back in the eighties, when I was in high school, some of my friends (Brian and Shane) started working on a post-apocalyptic roleplaying game called “Wheelchair Wars”. The […]